SASS® Rules Refresher Meeting Information
These SASS® Rules Refresher virtual meetings are not sponsored by SASS®, but independently provided by a certified RO Instructor: Shamrock Sadie (SASS Life # 78511).
When to log on to meeting: Best to log on prior to the meeting time. The host will join just prior to the meeting.
Limited Participants: If the 100-participant capacity is reached, you should get a message when trying to log in that the meeting is full.
Meeting Timeframe: Zoom meeting is limited to 100 participants, so there will be minimal interaction if greater than 15 participants. There is No Limit on the meeting time, but the host will try to keep it to 1 hour, while allowing for questions during the meeting.
- No mentioning of club names or cowboy/cowgirl names when discussing a rule discrepancy.
- Be sure to set your Display Name to your SASS Alias. This will help the meeting owner see which Cowboys and Cowgirls are in the meeting. You can always change it to another name at any time. To change your Display Name, hover over your name in the participants list and click Rename. You can also change your name in your profile.
- Virtual meeting recordings may be shared publicly. When logging into the meeting, you agree to be recorded.
Zoom may be used via a browser, desktop app, or a mobile app. No need to install the Zoom app, but if you join via a browser, you will have fewer features. Click here to download the Zoom app.: Zoom Download
- Log on a few minutes prior to the meeting in case you have technical difficulties. If you download the Zoom app way ahead of time, there should be no issues.
Minimal Computer Requirements
- Computer/laptop or Mobile device with a microphone (at a minimum).
- Camera is not required, but better for interaction.
- Minimum computer bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down).
To check Internet bandwidth, use a speed test such as https://www.speedtest.net/
Zoom Tips and Tricks
The Zoom interface is rather intuitive, but if you want to learn more, here are some Tips and Tricks:
Change to Gallery View
- Gallery view lets you see everyone in the meeting at once, instead of just the person speaking. To turn that on, click the tab that says "Gallery view" in the top right corner.
- If the meeting has 49 or fewer attendees, you'll see all of their screens displayed on one page.
- If there are more, you'll have the option to move between multiple pages. Change it back by clicking "Speaker view" in that same top right corner.
Hide non-video Participants
- On a larger call, your screen can get cluttered with participants, which can be distracting, especially if some don't have their cameras on.
- Hide the participants who aren't using video by going to Settings > Video > Meetings, and check Hide non-video participants